Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

I KNOW, I'M DAMAGED GOODS.

You know, I've been a candidate for LYNN SCHOOL COMMITTEE for almost two months, gathered a mess of signatures I, I've been to a few fundraisers, YET .....

the MAINSTREAM MEDIA has pretty much IGNORED my candidacy. No stories announcing my campaign. It was mentioned fhat I pulled papers  but was included with a list of the incumbents. In that article I was mentioned as an online commentator.. Hello...uh....I have a BLOG!

Maybe it MUST be because I am a poet or MAYBE ......

it is because I am DISABLED, I guess I understand.....

REALLY......

I mean I have had some pretty significant brain damage and I am probably a little slower intellectually and well, just plain not as smart as some of those educated people.

4 comments:

  1. Well then, you'll fit right in with the current committe won't you.
    But a bit of advice, you have to be positive and determined if you want to be elected. From reading your Blog, I can telll you possess more common sense than any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..... I think. My overall outlook is always positive. I would not have recovered to the point I have if it had been otherwise. I went from being bed fast and near death to going back to college and getting an "A" in Organic Chemistry in a year (My professor by the way graduated from MIT). But to be truly positive, one must remain objective!

      Delete
    2. Your campaign slogan should be 'A different perspective', because Lord knows they need one. The one they are using is not working. Time for fresh ideas.

      Delete
    3. I do see things differently with my cataracts and constantly blurry vision.

      Delete