Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

THE PUBLIC WILL BE HEARD


itemlive.com


Well it's official. I heard from the CITY CLERK'S office that we got enough signatures so there will be a hearing. They are sending it over to UNCLE TOM'S office and they are going to schedule us a hearing.

You'll notice in this article chose to extend their superintendent's contract. One of the reasons they cited was the importance of continuity, a valid point. But that can't surely can not be the sole reason.

I know you can't compare Lynn and Nahant like apples and oranges but still the price of the fruit ought to be comparable. Numbers scare me though I think if you took the cost of the office and divide it by the total number of students, you could come up with what it is costing us per pupil to come up with the scores of each comparing districts.

I don't know for sure but I doubt NAHANT has the a comparable number of support staff making six figures. Think about this - DR. LATHAM'S CAR ALLOWANCE ALONE IS ALMOST TEN PERCENT OF THE NAHANT SUPERINTENDENT'S ENTIRE COMPENSATION PACKAGE!

4 comments:

  1. you realize of course that Nahant has one elementary school - why do they need a superintendent for one school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do a comparison that makes sense...you are irrational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you noticed I did say they they were different but with some fancy math you could arrive at a number that might give you some idea of the cost per student. That would give you a tangible comparison. As for my being irrational, well I do have brain damage. Thanks for pointing that out!

      Delete
  3. The Nahant superintendent only works two days per week. He is the retired Marblehead superintendent.

    ReplyDelete