Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

KIPP KAN'T KOMPETE

Well my BFF posted this link below to try and convince me to come over to the dark side and start to extol the virtues of KIPP and all of its charter colleagues. Sorry Melissa, YOU FAILED.

Those vaunted "test scores" still weren't high enough to make AYP. The only school that did, a PUBLIC one.
The data it touts comes from a skewed pool taken from a somewhat "rigged" lottery system that gives it the illusion of "fairness". Only students who's parents are willing to make the commitment to their child's education have a chance at the prize.

I just have one question, "If KIPP doesn't make money are they going to stay in business?". See with CHARTER SCHOOLS, the end goal is money. With PUBLIC SCHOOLS the ultimate focus is on education.

3 comments:

  1. How anyone that says they are for education can speak against any school where there are students learning is beyond me. Charter schools are an alternative to public schools and innovation schools are an offshoot of them. I have met teens who transferred from Ford to KIPP and said they were not challenged at Ford but are are KIPP. One size does not fit all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with some of what you say. I just don't like the public donating blindly to the private.

      Delete
  2. How anyone can be challenge from coming from ford is a joke, It's all smoke and mirrors there my friend. All smoke and mirrors and everyone with half a brain knows it!

    ReplyDelete