Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

PASTA WITH A PURPOSE

Just got back from the WILDLY successful fundraiser for LYSOA(Lynn Street Youth Outreach Advocacy) at the LYNN MUSEUM tonight. Between 150 and 200 people got treated to some GREAT LYNN-BASED PASTA  and some magical FLUFF creations for dessert.

LSC member RICK STARBARD emceed the night and played a major role in putting the night together, What I am about to say troubles me greatly. First the food serving line was staffed by two auto body men, RICK and LVTI teacher and LYSOA BOARD MEMBER BARRY MCCAUL. My stomach shivered with fear because I knew that RICH was in the MEATBALL competition with THERESA and rumors were rampant of some secret ingredient involving auto body filler dust and they kept secret who made what MEATBALL so there was no way to avoid being exposed to it.In the end, it was a close competition with Theresa coming out with the victory. Surprisingly I voted for RICK'S MEATBALL. Perhaps I was hoping to get some of that filler stuff for some upcoming dental work.

Another LSC member MARIA CARRASCO came out support LYSOA. LYNN CITY COUNCIL members BILLY TRAHANT, PETE CAPANO, HONG NET, and BRENDAN CRIGHTON all were there.
Former CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES CLAY WALSH and MIGUEL FUNEZ were seen partaking of pasta as well.

Perhaps the most poignant, powerful, and encouraging political event of the night was what I was told about what happened between CANDIDATES FOR THE 10TH ESSEX DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE, DUSTY CAULFIELD  and GARDY JEAN FRANSCOIS. Although I didn't see it, I was told they signed each others candidacy papers.

Absent from tonight was MADAME MANGLER and a few other prominent local politicans, some of whom did make it to a competing political fundraiser. Anyway, it was good to see where peoples priorities lie - our kids or a career politician.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did sign papers! And I was very happy to see all city officials that did attend, including Councilor Net who joined us at our table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete