Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON'T

I spoke at OPEN-MIKE last night last night about  OPEN-MIKE. It seems for some reason it was put on the agenda last night, it was my understanding that a vote was taken last meeting and hairs were split and the issue was settled completely, giving PATTI CAPANO a free pass for ignoring the POLICY, excuse me they  were only guidelines at that point, for technically violating them by giving out-of-town mercenaries a chance to speak at OPEN-MIKE.

After a vote was taken waiving the residency requirement, I fired off an e mail to the MAYOR asking that she have the LAW DEPARTMENT look into whether or not the residency requirement, although not specifically called for might be reasonably implied by the CITY CHARTER. Unlike LPS she still takes my e mails. Of course that didn't matter much since I never received a RESPONSE.

THEN...,

last night a REVISED agenda was issued for the meeting last night whereby the whole OPEN-MIKE matter was taken off the agenda. There was a written sheet with the OPEN-MIKE POLICY that stated you must be a LYNN RESIDENT.

In response to my question, the MAYOR promised to get back to me. Before the night was over she did, kind of. It seems her intense legal search on the matter was comprised of going to UNCLE TOM, an authority on all things legal, and said the whole thing could be explained as a matter of the mix-up of minutes. Since the minutes hadn't been approved they couldn't discuss it so it was struck from the previously posted agenda.

Honestly I am not sure I buy that explanation but the MAYOR certainly gave the appearance of putting MAJOR stock in it. I guess I missed the meeting where UNCLE TOM had been given ATTORNEY MIHOS'S position(Why then is MIHOS still sitting at the table?)

So where are we now? As the policy/guidelines stand now, you HAVE to be a LYNN RESIDENT. That is at least until the minutes are approved.  But we may have to approve the minutes in which we said we need to approve the minutes. COULD I HAVE THAT IN THE FORM OF A MOTION? I think I am getting "MOTION" sickness!

2 comments:

  1. omg! here we go again, a waste of time at the sc meeting. not only are all of the sc members not getting along, they are changing there minds constantly. maybe if they actually had kids in the school system they would put more time and effort into making decisions that really matter. our kids! i can not wait to vote them out! as for the so called mayor. she is looking more and more like a bag lady on crack! i guess she is now looking to do one liners at giggles or her bff place kowloons...you know they are republicans together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for FORD and GALLO. WTF. please people vote them out! STARRBARD was a friend of strnagies....i guess no more after last nite.
    open mic. what a joke! but then again it was started by a joke. CARRRASSCCCO. so glad we are moving out of this city.

    ReplyDelete