Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

STAY THE COURSE STRANGIE

Without a posse of well spoken teens breathing down his neck like CLASSICAL'S CONSTANTINO ENGLISH'S STRANGIE soared solo calling for a sit-down dialogue with students for a discussion about whether or not the students should wear shorts, LVTI'S PARADISE sided with CONSTATINO against STRANGIE on the right to bare shins.

While STRANGIE reminisced about the students all wearing uniforms, it seams that his colleagues were uniformly against him. It is quite possible that CONSTATINO'S position may have been sway by a well organized revolts. Fear of seeing more of his male students in shorts may have swayed his sudden sense of style.

Although I feel pretty sure I beat the ITEM on this story, I know LYNNCAM broke the news LIVE and well CHRIS STEVENS of the ITEM pointed out to me the flurry of texts sent out by the CLASSICAL students in the audience alerting the masses once the shorts saga was solved.

BOTTOM LINE - THE POLICY ON SHORTS: THERE IS NO POLICY .

7 comments:

  1. And that's the way it should be! Why shouldn't they be comfortable?!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a manufactured problem, Stangie must still get his news bey telegraph.

      Delete
  2. I loved his comment that he has to wear a suit....he seems like a real jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week or so ago, Patti Capano attempted to evade any responsibility for the dress code by blaming the principals when she stated that it was they who last year unanimously asked for the dress code to remain as it was. So I emailed the principals of the high schools and middle schools and asked them how they felt about the situation now. Not to my surprise, I only received responses back from 2 out of the 6 (Mr. Constantino and Mr. Cowdell) It didn't surprise me that most did not respond since administrators responding to the concerns of parents is practically unheard of in the Lynn School district.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year when they visited the dress code, only COWDELL was in favor of allowing shorts, CONSTANTINO was against revision. It seems that a small revolution in the school changed his mind. I will say CONSTANTINO seems to be a reasonable man.

      Delete
    2. So if Mr. Cowdell was in favor last year, does this mean that Patti Capano misspoke once again? Mr. Cowdell responded to my email, but would not answer my question by telling me how he felt on the matter. He didn't feel it was appropriate for him to publicly discuss a district policy. While I do not agree with him because I feel that every teacher and administrator should answer any and all questions a parent has, I certainly understand and respect his opinion and feeling on the matter. I also greatly appreciate the fact that he not only took the time to respond to my email, but to also say he was appreciative that I was an involved parent. I have never met Mr. Cowdell, but I have heard great things about him. Mr. Constantino on the other hand, responded AND answered my questions, which of course I really appreciated!!

      Delete
    3. @Lori...I disagree with you on the "every teacher and administrator should answer any and all questions a parent has". Their "opinions" on a district policy (especially if they disagree) could be counter-productive. They are employed to follow the school committee policy and to report their views to the superintendent. If we don't like the policy, we should go to the school committee (who do have to give us their opinions), NOT put a teacher, or in this case the principals, in the position of disagreeing with school committee policy. If I understand what you and Stanley wrote, Cowdell was in favor of changing the policy, but refused to publicly disagree with the school committee. Sounds like he voiced his opinion in the principal vote and then publicly defended the approved policy (which was not his opinion). He should be commended for that approach.

      Delete