Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

LPS SHOULD PARK IN THE PARKS

Partnerships, you know I love them. Shared burden of responsibility, everybody's load is a little lightened. Often times though the opposite, we can divide ourselves such that we can avoid taking the blame or making the effort.

I am not saying that's what happened or is happening, I mean I'll leave that to smarter people than me to decide. Just think about this for a minute, LPS has to PAY to use MANNING FIELD which is owned by the CITY who pays the bills that LPS pays the bills with. DIZZY YET?

Then there is the problem with the PARKS. Why can't LPS and the CITY work out some kind of arrangement with itself (or should I say themselves) whereby and wherefore (I want to try and make this sound like some official proclamation) the CITY-ie. the PARKS DEPARTMENT- could develop some sort of program or to use an educational "IT" word - CURRICULUM that could maximize available resources. I mean LYNN has some beautiful parks and it seems a shame to waste them just because the right hand and left hand adage.

Now I'm not just talking about playing on the swing-set or some other physical activity. Believe or not, my college wasn't all about poetry classes. I had one or two of the hard-core STEM ones and I know that our PARKS can serve as a make-shift laboratory for many science classes.

If we have more structured use of these parks then a lot of misuses can be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment