Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

WHICH LAWS DO WE IGNORE TODAY?

Everybody knows me to be a peace-loving guy. I don't look for no trouble. Still I can't help but scratch my head a little when I found out that the DESE approved the use of Title 70 funds to pay for the new portable classrooms at TRACY. The crazy rules in the Foundation budget doesn't normally allow such capital expenditures. Considering the drastic shape most of LPS's schools are in along with a growing student population left the DESE with little choice.

The other option is thaat if LYNN was treated like every other school district, they would have to TAKE OVER the whole school district because the city of LYNN would go belly up if a strict enforcement of the existing laws were to be enforced.

The funny thing is that I was at a meeting where the DESE wanted the LSC to approve how the city's repayment payment was spent BEFORE the actual repayment plan was actually approved. This of course was alittle fiscal tom foolery usually reserved for backdating field trips to nature's classroom. I feel pretty sure some illegal lack of fiduciary practices are going on but nothing will ever come of it. Why, you ask?

Because there are consequencences to actions and little to none for inaction.

JUST CHANGES THE LAWS ALREADY, DON'T KEEP IGNORING THE ONES YOU DON'T LIKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment