Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

FAIR HEARING?


I just sent this letter to the Mayor's office. I mean out of town people couldn't sign my petition because of the city charter, why should they be allowed to speak. Is it because certain people liked what they had to say. Doesn't seem too objective or fair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 9, 2012

Dear Honorable Mayor Kennedy,


Because of the confusion over the residency requirement for speaking at “Open Mike”, I am asking that you refer the recent policy change voted on at the March 8 to the law department and ask them to render an opinion as to whether or not it violates the Lynn City Charter. Even if it is not an explicit violation, it seems to me to be a spiritual one.

As I have stated many times in the past, I am not a lawyer and would feel much more comfortable with an independent legal opinion.

Sincerely,

Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is ok to be allowed for non-residents. It is termed as 'Common Cause', but should be used wisely, (not by employees, who may have been asked to attend a hearing by their boss.). It was poor judgement of the board to out weigh the opinions of the parents and residents, before staff.

    Check out commoncause.org. The city of Shalom was awarded this in 2010.

    ReplyDelete