Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

DINNER DATE WITH DUSTY


So it was only lunch but it was HIS treat. My HADDOCK SANDWICH was good and the atmosphere was nice and quiet at MONTE'S. The silence made it easy to have a FRUITFUL (can you tell I'm going with a food theme here?) conversation, a real frank discussion.

DWIGHT "DUSTY" CAULFIELD is running for state representative from the 10th Essex District as the REPUBLICAN alternative to Rep. BOB FENNEL. DUSTY highlighted the need for change and feels that. Rep. FENNEL has been in the state legislature for 18 years and has not done anything and was tired of giving him a free pass.

With my USUAL delicate touch, I navigated our conversation around to the question, "Why did you want to meet and what do you want from me?". I mean my positions and points of view have been well documented.
Shall we say, they probably aren't his cup of tea. It probably warmed the cackles of my parent's hearts that the political black sheep of their immediate family was in such close proximity to a Republican. My political views have have left a SOUR taste in their mouths.

His response was that he liked the fact that I held the school department's (ie. - the administration's) "feet to the fire". When it comes right down to it, there are a lot of areas where we could agree. The major things we could agree on is that COMPETITION IS A GOOD THING and that the energy necessary for change comes out of differences.

You can contact DUSTY at dwightcaulfied@gmail.com or 781-290-9644 or dwightcaulfieldforstaterep.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment