Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

DANGER AT DREWICZ

This problem has been pointed out to me several times but I never have gotten around to writing a post about it. My wife is real good about making me see the sense of urgency. I know where my bread's buttered.

The problem is that when it comes time to dismiss school, HOOD STREET, becomes a HIDEOUS HIGHWAY. Driveways are blocked, traffic tied up, and pedestrians dash around at their own risk.

I know somebody is going to be inconvenienced, it is after all a SCHOOL. Kids have to get to school somehow. But all this traffic trouble presents a perilous problem for pedestrians as well as drivers.

My wife thought a yellow line or something signifying a place for buses to be might be a simple solution.
Some schools have crossing guards, why can't they have someone out there directing traffic?

3 comments:

  1. It's awful! They changed Hood Street to be a one way and people still go down the wrong way. They've had police details, staff hanging out there and a crossing guard and the people in that neighborhood continue to do whatever they please. Someone is going to get killed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the same at every school in Lynn. nothing will change because no one really cares until one of our children are hurt. call the super or deputy supers or the school comm see if any of them really care. good luck with that one, we have called for years and the only way we got help at my childrens school was when a lynn police officers child began attending our school. go figure. lynn is so sad and they keep putting people in positions that do not deserve or care about our welfare or our children. we can not wait to move. just wish our house would SELL. maybe foreclosure is an option?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^More evidence of the disconnect b/w LPS and Lynn parents that I previously wrote about...

    ReplyDelete