Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

GET YOUR FORKS READY!

NOW YOU WENT AND DONE IT. I've been fairly easy on our MOST HONOURABLE MAYOR. I even defended her a few times. Well NOW I'm throwing down my gloves (it was hard to type in them any way). SHE DONE WENT AND INSULTED ME!

I looked on line all over and other people I know looked and couldn't find a posted agenda for tonight's meeting. NOR was there a stack of printed ones for us to pick up before the meeting. It looked like she passed out one to all the LSC members and other people at the head table.

Maybe that's all they have to do by law because this was a special meeting and I am no legal expert on the OPEN MEETING law. Hey three out of the five people sitting at the front table were lawyers and me, I'm just a backwoods, disabled poet.

BUT...

When our (please forgive me for saying this) DISHONOURABLE MAYOR went out of her way to give CHRIS STEVENS of the ITEM a copy of the agenda or list or whatever they were going to talk about, well that just fried my %#&.

I'm not just some person who just walked in off COMMERCIAL STREET looking to rest and maybe use the bathroom. I have been doing this blog for almost 18 months, had almost 80,000 hits and lately have been averaging over 500 hits a day.

Let me refresh your memory, I mean I know you are a smart lady, but you won the election by            S-E-V-E-N votes. I don't think you can afford to alienate too many people. I'm not the one to be giving political advice but I do want to point something out, certain people made certain comments about certain bloggers and well there are those same certain people who no longer hold a certain office for a certain committee.

Also I don't know but I wonder why those three musketeers of jurisprudence never questioned the legality of giving favor to one form of media over any other. FREEDOM OF THE PRESS or FREEDOM TO REPRESS.

2 comments:

  1. Stan, I really don't think that the Mayor was attempting to slight you in any way. To be honest, it didn't dawn on me that the packets were not provided to all in attendance. If you would like to get a copy, I'd be glad to get you a copy. I applaud the Mayor for asking to bring this all into the light. She has always said to watch the warrants closley. She practices what she preaches.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apprreciate your sincere offer but it is not YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. I, too, applaud the Mayor for her openess, however SINCE the ITEM was provided with a COPY. I am left with no other conclusion but it was INTENTIONAL.

    ReplyDelete