Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

(W)RAP SONGS AREN'T THE ONLY PLACE YOU HEAR OATHS

"I Pledge Allegiance to the ...." Well at least on Mondays or so I've been told. I hear that a recitation of the pledge takes place every MONDAY but only on MONDAYS at BREED.

Sorry, that makes no sense to me. I mean I guess there is the constitutionality question. The Supreme Court over the years has put on some crazy restrictions. But that can;t be it because if that were true then how could we ever say it? (like on Monday)

The PLEDGE gives us something to rally around, come together. It's sort of like a school fight song but only for our whole country. With a lot of our students coming from other countries, it is important in common. My melting pot of ex-wives had me in common.

At every LSC meeting we salute the flag and say the pledge. I wonder though sometimes, if we are swearing allegiance to the giver of GRANTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment