Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

It was a busy night for me last might. I participated in The Family Dinner Project (thefamilydinnerproject.org) last night at FORD SCHOOL and then had to run to Lynn City Council chambers to watch both of my kids (who were joined by a third FORD SCHOOL alumni, making 50% of the students who appeared before council FORD alumni).

In my hectic rush I mistakenly labeled the pictures I put up as being part of THE FOOD PROJECT (imagine that, me making a mistake). That mistake is representative of the problems that THE FAMILY DINNER PROJECT is trying to address.

Food is a central part of everyone's life. We all need to eat and well quite frankly, I enjoy it. But we all need to step back, take a breath, and realize what's really important. Generation gaps are plugged with pasta and cemented with sauce. When we "break bread" together, we break barriers to communications.

Check out their website to learn more about this great project,The Family Dinner Project

No comments:

Post a Comment