Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Responding From Pressure?

After an encouraging display from our future leaders of some of their innovative ideas about to conduct the business of government (more on that later, I gotta scoop the Item) my BFF was the sole speaker at Open mike. Since she was both first and last in line, no one said anything when she spoke on more than one topic. Shame on you Melissa, you're a bad little girl (I SMELL MULTIPLE POSTINGS).

The first topic she covered is what has become the repeated plea that the position of the vital Parent Liaison be filled. Really Melissa, I know you are my BFF and all but it is really getting annoying that you keep reminding them that they are doing a disservice to the parents. Do you actually think they have time to care? I mean do you know how much of a time commitment it takes to study the futures market? That's stock futures and not our kids futures.

No comment from Dr. Latham, the mayor, or anybody sitting at the tables with water pitchers. Then everybody went about the business of the regular LSC meeting. The meeting closed with the superintendent's report, Before the mayor brought the meeting to a close with the pounding of the gavel, Donna Coppola addressed Dr. Latham asking about the status of the parent Liaison position. Dr. Latham responded that while we can't "hire" a new one yet because the position is still technically occupied since the person is out on medical leave, there has been some movement on the matter. I think I heard something about an interview and filling the position temporarily next week. But I'm getting older you know, more disabled all the time and who knows my hearing could be going. Anyway I hope they do fill it soon, that way Melissa could complain about something else.

1 comment: