Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Art Of Education

Once again I have been out-scooped by the Item. They do have a larger staff than WE(me) do at the "Watch". They have written a fine article, kind of like the article about "student government day", great for somebody's scrapbook. I'm just not sure whether the Item is a newspaper or a public relations arm of LPS? Somebody with more smarts than this poor, disabled poet please tell me.
 
I went to Lynn Arts today with my two kids to view the exhibit. What a display of talent. LPS has a lot to be proud of. So it makes me wonder why our education administration is so enamored with numbers, looking solely for a digital expression of intelligence. We miss so much.

Real education produces an ability to synthesize knowledge learned into a new and unique creative endeavor. The beauty of the number does not come from the digit itself but from the process of counting,

Talent on parade at Lynn schools art show

No comments:

Post a Comment