Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Do You Feel Violated?

There are funny things going on down at the SPED department or in some cases not going on. First, there is my BFF's story about delays in promised transportation for her special needs foster child. The transportation was signed for in her son's IEP. Then when time to be implemented, no one was at the wheel. Suddenly, another person had to sign off on it (Dr. Latham? I don't know for sure, but I think it was said at open mike).

Another parent was telling me yesterday afternoon about her son who was being put back into a classroom at the Washington School where he was taken out of previously where he had been subjected to bullying. I thought LPS had an "anti-bullying policy"? I think there is a link on the LPS web site. Anyway it was decided that her son would be moved to his district school with an aide into a regular elementary class buuuuut it's been a few days, no action has been taken. The kid continues to suffer abuse, violations were made to the IEP before the ink was dry. I sure hope nobody tells the feds.

3 comments:

  1. You know me. I'm already complaining. And it wasn't just the transportation that they were trying to take away - they tried to say that his placement hadn't been approved yet. Which was funny because I'd watched his IEP be signed a week earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, someone down there is a serial violator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No someone should report it and everything...

    ReplyDelete