Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Little Dickens In The House

WARNING! Since we don't have librarians in most of the schools, I should inform you that I am talking about CHARLES DICKENS the author.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times - for our principals that is. Patti Capano seem to fill my ears with stories of fluff and support for the environment surrounding our principals. Some parents and other people with invitations recounted stories of inaction or fear of retaliation from the administration.

I added that I might be wrong in in this but I thought until this year I thought principals used to get a discretionary amount of the Title 1 funds to spend how they saw fit for their individual schools and that now there was central control in the administration. No one disagreed with me and there were many people there smarter than me. So does that mean I was right?

In my opinion, this over controlling centralized command stifles creativity and innovation. But what do I know, I'm just a poor, disabled poet?

No comments:

Post a Comment