Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Classical View

This a great story illustrating a successful and important partnership with the schools and the business community. These Classical students are learning the power of the media to disseminate information that is important to them and to try others that that same information should be important to everyone. Kind of like we do here a the "Watch".

Just as a sidebar, I believe Pickering Middle School was doing the same thing last fall but ran into technical difficulties. The "Watch" tried to hook them up with Lynn's own media guru, Seth, but I never heard if they called him back.

Classical students produce daily newscast

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that article. In fact, I run exactly the same kind of program for high school students in Chelsea. The only difference: They get 10 minutes of airtime in the morning and we're only allowed 5!! I'm a little jealous of that.

    I was willing to help at Pickering, but maybe the reason I wasn't called back was simply because they were able to get things working on their own. Do you know if they're up and running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't as of last month. My son was doing the sports. I told Mr. Ritterhouse you were willing to help when I ran that blog entry. He knew you so I don't know why he never followed up. It definitely was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete