Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Marshall Parents Organizing

I get a call this afternoon from Dr. Cowdell, principal at Marshall, inviting me to a parent's organizational meeting at the school tomorrow night. I feel pretty special, the popularity of this blog thing must be getting around. Important people are calling and requesting my presence. Heck, maybe I am an important person.

My ego quickly deflated though when I realized the call wasn't directed to me personally but instead was one of those robocalls sent to everyone by virtue of being a parent. Well they probably won't serve refreshments anyway.

Unfortunately I can't go, I have two previous appointments. I hope there is a way I can get up to speed on what I miss. Being a parent, even a poor, disabled one is a full time job.

3 comments:

  1. Why do you always feel the need to say you are poor and disabled. Is it meant as a joke or what? Really what does that have to do with the blog and it's content. Just curious and wondering is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd better answer all of your question Bob. "What does it have to do with the blog and its content?" Being both poor and disabled heps me relate to the vast number of disenfranchised youth and parents that make up the bulk of those that are serviced by Lynn Public Schools. Since I am poor it's obvious I'm not on amybody's payroll. My not-so-hidden agenda is our youth.

    ReplyDelete