Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

It Ain't No Joke!

The "Watch" may have to shut down. Why you may ask? Is it because a few people don't like what I'm talking about? Well I have pretty thick skin. I have been mistaken for being drunk, on drugs, or being mentally retarded. I have experience prejudice and discrimination for the nearly thirty years since my automobile accident that lead to my brain damage. Throughout my working career I have worked on the front lines of social service provision witnessing a wide variety of adverse behavior.

Could it be that I am finally intimidated by the allegedly superior intellects? All of those credentials can be overpowering to a little ole country boy. When you are served up information from a menu full of the alphabet soup of varying degrees it can be very intimidating. But I've done things in my life, I've met people, important people. Not that superintendents aren't important but they are not U.S. senators.

Well then it must be because of my worsening health? It could be, I'm not able to get around like I used to. Probably not, because I've had a history of overcoming obstacles related to my health. Nothing can be as bad or humiliating as when you're nineteen years old and you have your Mom wipe your bum.

So I'm battle tested. What then could put the continuation of the "Watch" in jeopardy? Well I'm not sure they have Internet access at the homeless shelter. Blogging is fun but it don't pay that well. In fact for me, it doesn't pay at all. There is not much a market for poor disabled poets.

No comments:

Post a Comment