Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

THE CREDIT IS ADDING UP

Let me tell you about something exciting that's happening with some of our students. It's called FIRST IN MATH.  Certain grades (I forget exactly which ones) from 5 schools, FORD, COBBETT, LYNN WOODS, SHOEMAKER (Ithink) and....(there goes my memory again, forgive me I'm old) are enrolled in this program.

Anyway the kids log on to the computer, complete math problems thereby enter into a competition that provides them with a ranking against their classmates, other schools in Lynn involved in the program and other schools across the country

I don't know the intricacies of the scoring but the students seem more than up to the challenge of flexing their mental muscles. This type of controlled competition can cause cravings for MATH. The thought of it sends shivers down my spine. I know the world needs better MATH people. POETRY doesn't pay and I can attest to that,

Credit for obtaining and retaining this FIRST IN MATH program goes to none other than the lovely DR. LATHAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment