Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

STARTING FORWARD, LEAVING BEHIND

PERSPECTIVE

That's what's going to set my candidacy  for Lynn School Committee apart from the other candidate. I;m a parent, I'm a poet. Sometimes I see things differently but I am still the same.

Being educated in the sciences, I know the importance of STEM. I also know that no matter how sturdy the stem, if we want our education system to blossom, we need a strong network of roots, READING provides the roots, the FOUNDATION of learning.

Not to diminish the importance of mathematics, we need a new, fresh angle in our educational system. The current direction is not adding up to a product yielding positive results. We seem to be settling for less while at the same time paying more every year.Taxes go up as expectations go down. No longer the "best of the worst", we are taught to be satisfied with excuses.

It is time for a change, OUR time.

No comments:

Post a Comment