Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY AND IT AIN'T EVEN FRIDAY

Late news!


Tonight's School Committee Meeting has been canceled due to Holy Thursday services around the city and scheduling conflicts. Happy Easter everyone!!


Excuse the religious humor. Now I told you this was going to happen after the last meeting in February. They cancelled the March 14 meeting because of some annual dinner or something at the request of JOHN FORD, I think,. (I am about to become a candidate so I can no longer editorialize) and it was rescheduled as a brief meeting to be held before the MASC training on MARCH 21.

I do believe the same JOHN FORD was complaining of a scheduling conflict with the MARCH 28 date due to HOLY THURSDAY. Hmm okay, the muttering in the hall was that at the brief 3/21 meeting they would cancel the 3/28 meeting.

Okay....the agenda came out for that meeting and no mention of any cancellation appeared. I thought that strange but figured since I had written a few posts about how irresponsible it was to effectively shut down school committee business for most of a month maybe I had shamed them into work.

As we have just learned, as usual I overestimate my ability to INFLUENCE.

GRANTED....HOLY THURSDAY is an important day to some and EASTER is the season for SACRIFICE.

But it is not enough of a holiday for us to cancel school for our kids why do the adults who are supposed to be in charge get a PASS? OVER what criteria are we basing this decision on? More importantly, doing it at such a late hour smacks of suspicious. Important Items were to be discussed at the Policy Sub-committee. The agenda had been posted as required by the open meeting law.

I am sorry, this LAST MINUTE maneuver smacks of skulduggery.

 That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment