Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

GETTING THE GOOD SIDE

You know, I think I've made it pretty clear my stance on the pluses of schools using Facebook. No one does it better than MARSHALL. I have been guilty of sharing most of them on my WATCH FB page. I'd put it straight on my blog because it would help my numbers but it is much easier to share than cut and paste. I strongly like the idea of putting out a positive message, your best foot forward so to speak.

PROBLEM THOUGH,

I mean it may become a slippery slope so to speak putting out kids pictures. I am sure everybody feels all safe with signed releases and all. You do have them, don't you? I'm going to keep sharing them anyway. I mean it's a good thing and well it's on you anyway.

The bigger problem for me is the inconsistency of policy in this area. Different people do it different ways and to different extents and some don't do it at all. This lack of leadership represents a missed opportunity to engage with parents and provide an easier access to a modern conduit of communication.

I remember a while back when COUNCILMAN PHELAN came to a LSC meeting accompanied by FOX 25 NEWS cameras in tow to preach the perversions of possibilities presented. Meetings were held, a policy was put out but practical plans were passed over.

PHELAN'S furor fizzled once the cameras stopped rolling and finally we were left with some vague policy that by being unclear no one has to ignore because it apparently doesn't call for anything/.

Fast forward to now that MARSHALL is disparately preparing for the potential passage of a proposed bond to finance the construction of a new school )with a WOTRING WING) so now it becomes palatable to plaster photos all over Facebook for political prostitution with a purpose.

PRICELESS

No comments:

Post a Comment