Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

POETRY PUT OUT PROVES POINT

Ford School marks Read Across America Day with library re-dedication


I have to give it to CHRIS STEVENS of the ITEM for a well written article written from a good journalistic slant that both reported and illustrated the importance and value of a library. Ford, as I have said before, is the ONLY non-level 4 elementary school to have a full-time librarian. My son's MIDDLE school, PICKERING doesn't even have a library, staffed or not. That being said, MARSHALL is the MIDDLE school that gets replaced FIRST. Chew on that one for a while.

In case this is your first time reading the WATCH, I've kind of made it a personal mission to push for the importance of LIBRARY'S and how CRITICAL I feel they are to EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. In the past I have felt I have been slamming my brain damaged head against a metaphorical stone wall. I know there are those of you out there that would have preferred it been a literal one.

Finally I think I may have made a dent in the masonry You will notice the following quote from LSC member CHARLIE GALLO:

He said early literacy is critical to a child's future educational career, and he believes that as a School Committee member he should support it however he can. - See more at: http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2013/03/02/news/news03.txt#sthash.t1mbjX9g.dpuf

Also at the last school committee meeting DR. LATHAM committed to  replicating the services that have been given to all the LEVEL 4 schools to the LEVEL 3 schools. I do what to point out that both LEVEL 4 schools have a fully staffed library that has been central to their turn around plans. Could there be a change in the winds blowing from COMMERCIAL STREET?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment