Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

HIGHLAND’S HERO

Now I don’t claim to know all the details, that’s the talk of lawyers, trustees, and the like, far beyond the comprehension of this poor poet but I hear tell of a NEW SCHOLARSHIP targeted first for HIGHLANDS residents and if there are none it would default to a LYNN student for a full scholarship to SALEM STATE COLLEGE.

Going forward it will be known as the DR. CLAIRE CRANE SCHOLARSHIP. Hence forth her tireless efforts to promote the value of education to members of the HIGHLANDS community will be forever memorialized.  Legacy notwithstanding, I will repeat to you the words I have heard DR. CRANE utter countless times, “It’s all about THE KIDS”.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't understand your comment. I wish you would elaborate. Let me get this straight. You DON'T want some disadvantaged KID bettering themselves and you would RATHER the taxpayers support them all their lives. I got to give it to you, you are MORE liberal than me!

      Delete