Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

DOLLAR DAZE - OLD SCHOOL FOR THE GOOD OLD GIRLS

There are those of you out there that would say I'm partial to FORD SCHOOL. Well I did live for a few years across the street. Maybe that explains why I'm partial.

MAYBE NOT.

You see FORD SCHOOL doesn't have all the money that the two LEVEL 4 schools have, thebuilding doesn't have any fancy furniture, and the third floor gets so hot in the winter time we'd have to open up the windows in the library sometimes.

HOWEVER....,

what it does have is some of the latest technologu. I was noticing in it's budget a line item for $62,000 for DISTANT LEARNING. It looks like they've chosen to spend some of their TITLE 1 money that way. It is a great way to leverage a little money for a whole lot of learning.

My own daughter got to interact with SHUTTLE astronauts in a SPECIAL room they've got set up for DISTANT LEARNING. I've always been JEALOUS of her for that. What a special opportunity, what potential.

I remember LAST YEAR when the good doctor THREATENED TO CLOSE THE ROOM. She even went so far as to have ASSISTANT BUSINESS MANAGER TOM BORGUE line up moving trucks. I  remember joining DAVID GASS, THE MAYOR, LSC MEMBER MARIA CARRASCO, and DR. CRANE, PRINCIPAL in what was going to be a potential human barricade to block the furniture from being moved out of the room. The MAYOR had came from another meeting and had had trouble getting a return call from DR. LATHAM.

WELL....

the good doctor blinked and the trucks never came. There have been a few unsuccessful attempts at closing the room thus hampering DISTANCE LEARNING.

In order to get an idea on the value and possibilities,consider the following - I have been analysing the LPS budget for a week from WEST VIRGINIA,(How do you like me now, DOC?)

Well maybe DR. LATHAM got the last laugh, DR. CRANE wasn't one of the princiPALS who got a raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment