Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

THE PRICE WE PAY

I didn't think I could stand it. I promised myself that I would only write positive LPS stories on Sunday. I thought it was going to kill me. So in order that I don't explode, I'll write this now at 7 pm and post it at 12 am tonight. Wait you didn't hear me say that. (No, they read it silly)

With all this uproar about the hiring of SUE ROWE as a second DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT, I almost overlooked another possibly somewhat gratuitous expenditure. I said ALMOST.

Slipped in with some of the other plums that were payed for by paid for by taking fruit from the SPED fruit tree was a SECOND Confidential Secretary, JANET COSTIN, for DR. LATHAM.

Let's take a look here. Now these figures are just my best guess, probably on the low side because I don't know who gets what perks. I remember RICK STARBARD complaining about a $350 a month car allowance that some of these administration people get. You see DR. LATHAM GOT $184,000 last year plus, now two CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARIES at $50,000 each.

That adds up to us paying $300,000 a year for the privilege of having a leader that has charted a path to failure. If we want to go a different direction, let your LSC members know. We need to decide to make a change by MARCH.

5 comments:

  1. I know!! It is so disgusting that we are paying so much money to a person who continues to lead our district and schools on this path of failure! It is equally disgusting that we have some members of our school committee who continue to encourage and support the downfall of Lynn Public Schools. Perhaps if they had children who went to school in our failing district and who were not receiving the education they deserve and are entitled to, they would actually have the best interest of our schools, district and children as their concern, rather than their own personal and political agendas!! Our superintendent, our mayor and 3 of our school committee members (Gallo, Capano, and Ford) voted to have ONE MILLON DOLLARS of our already extremely lacking budget, go toward salaries for new positions and NOT toward resources for our classrooms, teachers and students. Our district is one of the lowest in the entire state of Massachusetts and this is where the people in charge of running our schools, district and city chose to put this money!! The residents of Lynn need to wake up!! We, especially our children, do not even have a chance if these are the people we continue to choose to be in charge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Lori! I agree!!!!
    If yo uspeak up for your child you get labled at LPS and they assign your case to JANE LAVIOE...attorney lavoie...not from LYNN making mega bucks at our expense and our children!
    If we get all of the PAC, SPED parents as well as regular ed parents to join forces and go to DESE, the MEDIA or even get washington involved...it is an election year people for the president.....they love this kind of stuff!
    When is the next PAC meeting? Lets all meet and join forces!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next PAC meeting is Monday February 6th. Presently we are at 10 Chruch St. @ 7:00pm, no child care yet :(

    And I'm one of the lucky parents that is only allowed to talk to Atty Lavioe. Makes parent teacher conferences really expensive when its the parent, the teacher and the LPS SPED atty. I'm ok with it though - SPED's got an extra million to spend. Why not give it to Atty Lavioe? She works really hard, against parents, for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stan,

    I hear Atty Lavioe is a full time employee of the LPS. Wanna look into that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well during LATHAM'S evaluation, the MAYOR did complain about the fact she hired $8000 a day consultants. ROLL THE TAPE!

    ReplyDelete