Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

THE I'S HAVE IT, WE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW MANY

If you want to be impressed and encouraged by and about the progress LYNN PUBLIC SCHOOLS has made implementing the use of modern technology, specifically the use of I-PADS, then go look at SHANNON STEVEN'S presentation tothe LSC laast Thur. night. Some exciting and creative things are happening.

If you want to be disappointed and depressed by where we are and how far we have to go on this matter then I will again referr you back to the same presentation It turns out that the committee seemed to be learning of this technology's awesome application for the first time. In fact I believe you will hear LSC member PATTI CAPANO say that she had no idea that LPS actually had 2600 I-PADS, a small oversight with BIG curriculum implications.

2 comments:

  1. We have lots of iPads at the school,I teach in. No IT support to speak of even from the above mentioned person, no professional development beyond basic offered inLynn. There is no plan , no money to pay for applications, no vision for future growth = big waste because these iPads are getting outdated as I write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess I'm not the only one with vision problems. Sorry for feeling sorry for myself.

      Delete