Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

CHUCK'S LUCK

Congratulations to the LYNN YOUTH COUNCIL for applying for and actually receiving a grant from the UNITED WAY for the construction of a soon to be snazzy new web site detailing their goings on. OL'CHUCK had a hand in the formation in the formation of this council. Of course some people like me just might accuse him of hanging on to LYNN CITY COUNCILOR BRENDAN CRIGHTON'S coattails on this one, no  matter cause it looks like these kids got it stepping up.

It is kind of ironic that these group of kids have secured the kind of grant funding in a hurry that the one and a half employees that CHUCK pushed for the creation of their positions have apparently failed to produce. Maybe they have but you would think for the approximately $90,000 in salary we've paid them they could have done a little better communicating whatever success they've had. Why aren't they keeping UP CHUCK?

It is  kind of funny that CHUCK faces BRENDAN in a heated primary for the 11th DISTRICT HOUSE OF DELEGATES race to replace STEVE WAL$H who is leaving office to work for some health care non-profit. Probably just a coincidence, I mean its a common name up here, that the construction firm hired to build the NEW MAR$HALL is Contractor Walsh Brothers, Inc. Even funnier is I believe is the fact that LYNN COMMUNITY HEALTH is run by DEB WAL$H, former LSC member and I think COUNCILOR-AT-LARGE, who is also MOTHER of STEVE (Happy Mother's Day by the way). when i was making my ill-fated run for LSC (in the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE) DEB signed my NOMINATION papers.Although not before assuring me that she would not vote for me but that she felt everybody deserved a chance.to run. She felt I was too hard on DR. LATHAM (FEEL THE LOVE).

I am sure if only she would have voted for me I would be serving instead of OBSERVING. Oh well, sorry CHUCK, you too BRENDAN, I am on TEAM KATERINA on this race anyway.    

7 comments:

  1. This is incomprehensible, Stan. Your writing I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon, since we are on a first name basis. Oops,you didn't USE YOUR NAME!

      Delete
  2. We all understand what Stan means in poetic sense. It would be redundant for Stan to explain things over and over.

    Deb said this to you? "Where's the outrage Deb?" A few years back you wore a shirt with this logo. Where's the outrage now Deb on the issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you implying I wear womens clothes? How else could DEB and I wear similar shirts? I'll show you some outrage that is unless it fits. I do like to wear pastels,

      Delete
    2. she wore this shirt. where is the shirt now?

      Delete
  3. Stan you always seem to amaze me with how much you know. The friendly grant writer - Charlie pushed to hire couldn't find any grants?
    Kudos to the kiddies for finding their own grant money! Way to go Lynn kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah shucks for me and you are right we got some pretty amazing kids! I suggest you watch the LYNN YOUTH COUNCIL'S presentation on the recording of the LSC meeting and you will be further impressed!

      Delete