Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

TAKEN TO THE WOODSHED

Some people are probably accusing me of lately turning a "BLIND EYE" to some of the problems with LPS. Well folks, that would be my left. You see the blossoming of my cataracts have made even a trip to my office an adventure.

So I goes to the HIGHLANDS COALITION PLANTING FAIR/FORD SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE last night cause a lot of different things I am involved in came together in one place. I even got to give away FREE NAVIGATOR OPENING DAY TICKETS

I even had a table.

Of course, I wasn't the only one with a table. No, also there was Mrs. Cote's 4th grade class. Actually I had seen their presentation a few weeks ago at a HIGHLANDS COALITION board meeting. I was so impressed I promised to report it. Well last night at the PLANTING FAIR MRS. COTE politely reminded me that I neglected to come through with my promise/ I could come up with a lot of good excuses but really I guess I'm just a BAD boy.

Okay here goes. MRS. COTE'S 4TH GRADE CLASS took on a special project borne out their KNOW ATOM science lesson. They built an AQUIFER to provide a source of FRESH WATER for the COOK STREET PARK COMMUNITY GARDEN.

These young kids even made their own brochures by hand to explain the process. Heck I didn't even know what one was before listening to them. This one lesson has expanded across the educational curriculum from SCIENCE to ENGLISH to GRAPHICS, all while learning social responsibility. This community core part of the learned lesson is evidenced by the park clean-up they will be participating in this SAT at the COOK STREET PARK this SAT from 10 am until 2 pm. It would be if some people from the community would come out to help and support them. The CITY OF LYNN has agreed to help out providing rakes, shovels, ad trash bags. It really takes a village. It seems like they have plenty to teach us at the same time as they are learning their lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment