Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

DON'T WORRY I WON'T LET THEM WHITEWAL$H THE TRUTH

Work set to begin on Lynn's Marshall Middle School


Maybe it is just a COINCIDENCE, after all I ain't no cotton pickin genealogy expert. Not even dang near one. However I am from WV and you all know what an affinity we have for our relatives.

Because of CHUCK, I made (or made up) the alledged connection. The NEW MAR$HALL, yeah if I didn't hae to look so hard at the plans trying to find the location of the WOTRING WING, I might not have seen the writing on the wall.

"ONE OF THESE THINGS IS JUST LIKE THE OTHER"

2 comments:

  1. Coincidence there was no competitive bidding and only a GMP (Greatest Maximum Bid)?

    If there was competitive bidding, the construction bids would have been disclosed to the public.

    Quote from the Walsh Construction website:
    "“Through a creative GMP approach we were able to cap risk while making funds available for betterments to the project at a later point. "

    Capping the risk isn't the case here.
    With a GMP, the price of construction isn't supposed to increase.
    Why did the cost of the Marshall Middle School increase a few times, and after learning the foundations needed to be secure 150'+ below grade to bedrock. Was this eating too much of the construction profit margin, to need an increase over the GMP? And Latham went before council to ask for an increase in the bond.

    Did anyone question the budget costs? Asking questions shouldn't be a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we are all supposed to turn a BLIND EYE to all this monkey usiness. Lucky for me cataracts has made that easy for me!

      Delete