Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

This past summer I ran a series called DOLLAR DAZE where I tried to analyze this year's budget line by line. I was full of myself because I thought I was pretty thorough. Take that you number crunchers.

Yesterday I got my come-uppance. One of my FAITHFUL readers asked me just how much is KIPP costing LPS ? She wondered because she couldn't find a line item in in the LPS budget for that listed on the Internet. Wow, why hadn't I brought that up? See I told you I'm not too smart. I mean I think there are other charter schools or applications for such out there. The LSC meetings may be Open but the details are pretty sketchy.

I would hazard a guess that the money is skimmed off the top (skimmed is an appropriate word) before the budget is formulated. As my lawyer friends tell me, a "guess" is not the same as a statement of fact. However when you're not told all the facts, all you can do is guess.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget about all those seats that KIPP is freeing up in over crowded LPS middle schools...

    ReplyDelete