Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

BEING RIGHT AT ANY COST

Wrong. Yeah I guess you could say I've been wrong a time or two or three. I am on my fourth wife. I have a track record, experience. I am a veteran of being wrong. I'm right quite a bit too, more often than I'm wrong. Mistakes are learning experiences. Now some crazy people think I'm pretty smart even though I can't spell, I mean type. Well if I am knowledgeable about things it's because I've had  lots of learning experiences.

Being overconfident that you are always right can often be a disguise for arrogance. Smart people know what they don't know. I guess that means I must be smart about marriages. Now wait a minute, what did I just say.

Anyway, it seems to this poet's little mind that it seems like a HUGH waste of money to place someone in an out of district placement when that student seems to be thriving in his own community, all because some people cling to petty jealousies and political agendas.

In lieu of honoring a signed IEP giving a child a one to one aide, the child is being shipped off to some distant private school with students who may or may not be on his academic level. Sometimes what kids learn from their peers are not always good things. That's why it's good to be close to home, It's not just logistics , remember LEAST RESTRICTIVE ENVIRONMENT. Being with strangers place  social restrictions on a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment