Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

THE REALLY SPECIAL ED OR IT DOESN'T ADD UP

Special ed gets higher grade after DOE reconsiders

Well I guess congratulations are in order. But I tell you right now it's more fun when I point out bad stuff and my numbers are higher. However if I am ever to be taken seriously (and I'm not sure why I would want to be) I've got to give praise when it's due. It looks like it is due. This recalculation from a Level 4 designation to a Level 2 one is a big deal. Again, good he is smart even if she is a math person.

BUT.......

I do wonder about the dramatic difference in the recalculated scores. This had to come from more than just carrying a digit. New math or old school politics?

Again I want to bring up the fact that we never get to see these COMMUNICATIONS. Put them on line. A letter like this one, you ought to be proud of anyway.

I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, I just want to be sure that we are staring at the right end of the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment