Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

THE LATEST BUZZ - BEFORE MEETS AFTER

Friday night I was at RICK STARBARD'S fundraiser and I saw BUZZY BARTON there. I was wearing my best WATCH T-shirt so I thought I would introduce myself. I mean, I actually voted for him in the Primaries. Don't yell at me yet. I'll let you in on my thinking.

He is a retired FIREMAN, I guess on disability. Well I'm disabled and I thought maybe we could have some male bonding, you know maybe watch some games. I would say shoot some hoops but my outside shot isn't that good.

The deer-in-the-headlights gaze when I shook his hand was not enough of political faux pah, he made some lame attempt to establish some common ground by stating how we don't seem to get around as well since we're older. TECHNICAL FOUL.

I'm not sure whether he was patronizing my gray hair or my handy,dandy cane but something wasn't kosher in his kommets. DOUBLE DRIBBLE.

I would think I will not be having any BACKCOURT VIOLATION come the GENERAL election. Maybe by then, he will find out who I am.

4 comments:

  1. What is his disability? Is it a conflict of interest to collect disability from the city and get an income as a councilor ($13,000 a year? plus expenses). Only in Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not real sure, I heard back or something that prevents him from being a fireman because it would not only put his life in jeopsardy if he couldn't perform certain tasks but also put others life in jeopardy that depend on him. Safety first/ I imagine his disability pension from the fire dept. is much more than the councilor. I think until last year he was also serving as LYNN EMGLISH'S Basketball COACH and I believe there were some recruiting violations but they may have been overturned. Google him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buzzy Barton sued the city 3 times and lost each time. He was suspended from coaching for violations. Currently the Retirement Board he serves on is under scrutiny for overpaying pensions of city employees. He is receiving disability from the city.

    ReplyDelete