Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

MARSHALL MAKES US PROUD



I KNOW, I KNOW. I have pointed out a number of times MARSHALL has been tagged a failing school. Still I question the quality of the curriculum. I have a daughter that goes there.

Still MARSHALL got a banner of distinction from the non-profit foundation, COLLEGE FOR EVERY STUDENT. there are 131 schools across the nation in this program and MARSHALL was one of only nine of them that got banners of distinction. (See picture above) Good job DR. COWDELL and staff.

BUT....

The really good story coming out of MARSHALL was one my daughter gave me. There was a dodge ball tournament that pitted one home room against the other. What a GREAT way to increase school spirit and promote exercise all on the cheap. My daughter even made a T-shirt they wore for a uniform. How cool. Simple activities like this promote a healthy sense of community. Shame you didn't get a medal for that Dr. Cowdell.

No comments:

Post a Comment