Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Who's Watching Our Money?

Is the proposed new Deputy Superintendent position absolutely necessary in these tight fiscal times? Rick Starbard and Donna Coppola don't think so. They voted in the minority, 5 to 2 aginst the position. I agree with them.

Let's think about the cost creating such a position would cost. I don't know the exact cost but I would guess a little less than $150,000 a year. That would buy a lot of new books. Excuse me for being partial to books, must be from the fumes in the library.

Really the question is: "How much direct contact is this new deputy superintendent going to have with our kids?".

When was the last time your kid got to see Dr. Latham or Dr. Wary? I don't mean to diminish the importance of the work they do. it's just that I don't think right now we can afford the luxury of making their jobs easier.. Is being a parent getting any easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment