Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who's To Blame For The State Of Our Schools?

Everybody has their favorite whipping boy. Those blasted unions, teachers don't have to do anything and you can't fire them. Or maybe it's the administration, after all they get these exorbitant salaries, promote their friends making an unnecessary layer of educators who have no direct contact with our kids. Maybe it's the parents, since they waste all that time working putting food on the table.

Why are we wasting time playing the blame game? We need to all work together to find solutions. Our schools are FAILING, we need to spend our time and energy on helping he victims, our children.

4 comments:

  1. I agree- I sent a letter to the mayor 2 weeks ago asking what her agenda was as far as public education and offering up a few suggestions of my own, but have recieved no response. Last year, I sent individual letters to the school committee about my concerns and all I got back was one half-hearted response from John Ford saying that "it's a systemic problem." It's baffling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear we got their attention now. We'll see. Everybody agrees we have problems but don't want to offer any ideas for solutions. applaud you for your letter writing. Don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are students allowed to speak during class, in highschool? ...if they are not called upon. I could not handle being a teacher in a public school for this reason. I hear it is usually this way in one school (not naming). There seems to be a lack of discipline. Sorry- just a perspective coming from a private school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching is a very trying job. I would not want to do it. We have to respect them ourselves before we can expect our kids to.

    ReplyDelete