Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Public Confidential

Before last night's LSC meeting they had a Personnel sub-committee meeting. There was a lot of talk about the Confidential secretaries who gets them, how many there are, and who gets called back from layoff.

There used to be six or eight and I think it was reduced to 4 this year and when Dr. Latham's CS, Pat Bucko, retired in Dec. a position opened up for a callback. A discussion was held in which it was explained that they weren't in the same bargaining unit as the rest of the school employees.  I was a boring discussion about seniority and union business.

However things got exciting after that meeting during the open forum before the regular LSC meeting when laid-off CS Holly tried to speak, vice-chair Patricia Capano shot her down because she said that specific personnel matters could not be discussed before the committee so Holly was silenced.

Being an inquisitive person I approached Holly during the break offering to tell her story. I gave her a flyer about Lynn School Watch and gave her my e mail address. She was seemingly eager to provide me with more info.  I was excited about the prospects of playing investigative journalist. But in reality Holly told me she had two lawyers and she probably won't be allowed to tell me much. Shucks, I was hoping to get a new nickname. "Scoop Wotring" , yeah that's it.

Oh well, stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. No school district(s wants to answer to the public. The committee takes the advice of the super who tries to hide from all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The superintendent should not act upon rumors! This CS has been a true asset in that dept. Worked there for years, always saw her with a smile, had staff return my calls, parents loved her, she respected the law, related to the children and made something of them every time, and really made my/others visits to that office comfortable. She reassured me every time I would get a call back and seemed like the only one who cared. I heard and saw alot during my visits along with witnessed they way she was so unprofessionally treated. I bet if she decided to put an article in the local newspaper asking for witnesses to come forward she'd have a bunch. The school committee, city councillors, and the administration should do the right thing. She loved her job! Wake up everyone you know in the long run she is going to win! Stop it now before she can file more than one suit and the city won't have any money left. She is a bright young lady who stayed after hours to reach an administrator to help me. I have had my issues with those administrators and for fear of retaliation I will not write my name. Doesn't this tell you all something! Many parents were afraid to come forward, but if the need be I can get several there to defend her. She was amazing, caring, and followed the law that simple. I have dealt with her with many children as a foster parent going way back. She protected that department, gave the messages to call me back, and cared about her job along with the children. A good worker and saved me from filing against the city. Time to make it right!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of things wrong right now with the school dept. Get those parents to come forward, write me, the mayor, Latham, and anyone remotely involved. There is power in numbers. Today's article in the Item is evidence of the growing power of this forum.

    ReplyDelete