Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Money, Money. Show Me The Money. Our Schools Are Failing, Why Aren't We Meeting?

Follow the money, that's how you are supposed to investigate whether or not decisions are made in your best interest. The problem is some one has to leave a trail.LSC member, Rick Starbard commented on my last post that there was a LSC meeting tomorrow night.

Since I have great respect for Rick, I thought maybe I had looked at the calender wrong so I rechecked it on the city's web site and found that it was listed as canceled. Usually they mail out agendas to the schools and they haven't received one at Ford.

Remembering hearing school department attorney Mihos talking about the 48 hour posting requirement, I called city hall. The operator directed me to the city council (coincidence?) who directed me to the school department. They were closed for the day. I will check again tomorrow with more people but the facts are  that either there is no meeting, leading to speculation about why the avoidance or laws may being broken about proper notice. I don't know, I'm just a volunteer librarian and a parent.

7 comments:

  1. http://www.lynnschools.org/School%20Committee%20Agenda%202_4_2010.htm

    Stan, I have checked from both my office and home and the agenda comes up on my computers.
    Maybe there is a conspiracy and admin is trying to get you to stay home. They have a redirect set up when your computer accesses the lynnschools.org website. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Maybe they planted a computer chip inside my brain and they are tying to control my thoughts and make me look like a fool so as to discredit anything I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked the city's site and their calender said canceled. I can always blame the confusion on my brain damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the school committee does not post the meeting appropriately, we as concerned citizens, can report them to the attorney general for violating the open meeting law, which carries $1,000.00 fine per occurrence per member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, I pointed out the inconsistencies in the posting in the public forum session before the actual start of the meeting, directing my comments specifically to attorney Mihos. I showed copies of the calender on the LPS web site which posted a meeting for 2?10 and a copy of the calender from the city of Lynn's site which said it was canceled. I also had a copy of the Item calender for the day that listed school committee meetings for Saugus and Swampscott but not Lynn. No comment or denial from the committee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The I say we turn them in. The banks wont stop being robbed until someone calls the police.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa we just need to turn the light on. No one likes to rob when they are exposed.

    ReplyDelete