Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Confidentials, Deputies, and "Coach K", Oh My!, Confidential, Deputies, and "Coach K", Oh My!

You know I was looking over the agenda for the last LSC meeting, the one they post on line, looking for  something to write about and I noticed a couple of peculiar things. Maybe I'm reading this stuff all wrong, I'm not that educated. Have I told you I'm from WV.

The first interesting thing I saw thing I saw on the second page was the appointment of a Confidential Secretary to the Department Head in the Superintendent's Office. Is that person assigned directly to the superintendent or a department head? If it is to a department head, which department are we talking about? It seems a little funny making this appointment with he current state of the ongoing lawsuit over the SPED Confidential Secretary. On top of that there was also the request for the creation of a new deputy superintendent's position. Someone call Nate Berkus, there must be a whole lo of redecorating going on. We got to dress things up to make our five failing schools presentable.

Then, on page 5 was the announcement of the appointment of Theodore Karonis as a SPED teacher at Ford. That was "Coach K" remember him? The effective date for the appointment was Sept. 7th. Well he has already been fired. No mention of that.  When he was let go, no mention then, either. As he was a "probationary employee", no reason was legally necessary. It seems to me if your goal is simply to have the best education for the students possible you would e falling all over yourself putting that out there.

I don't know. Strange things. Does anybody see a pattern?

5 comments:

  1. You go Stanley. Seems to be alot going on in the LPS and why doesn't the School Committee ask specific questions and tell the Superintendent what she should do. Why doesn't the Mayor who says she is following the law fix these issues, especially a lawsuit that could maybe be worked out. Seriously, why is this going on at all and believe there must be some other political things going on that the Confidential Secretary is not back was someone promised the job. She always directed me to a chairperson and they didn't like her sending me down to them. WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH THE UNION? THEY KNOW THIS JOB IS FROM A CIVIL SERVICE LIST! IT'S TIME DR. LATHAM BE TOLD WHAT TO DO, SCHOOL COMMITTEE TELL HER WHAT TO DO, THE MAYOR FOLLOW THE LAW SHE SAYS SHE FOLLOWS, LASTLY, THE UNION IS ALLOWING THIS ALL TO HAPPEN - FILE THOSE GRIEVANCES AND STOP CUTTING DEALS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! You are making this city look like a joke. No matter where I go someone in this city is unhappy. Drewicz School staff are childish telling me I can't go into the public school building. Half you teachers and staff don't live here and I pay quite high taxes to give you a job. It's election year let's see if you all are sitting in your jobs next January, because the public (like myself)are going to vote you out unless YOU START DOING THE RIGHT THINGS AND FIX THE ILLEGAL CRAP GOING ON. Where's the unions not filing grievances because of retaliation, discrimination, etc. Time for everyone to do the right thing and FIX EVERYTHING YOU TOOK THE OATH NOW FIX IT! Tired of the name playing game. I didn't do it, but Maria did. What is this elementary school! Let's get this city back on track and not let anymore craziness go on and on meeting after meeting. It's Election Year plenty of parents are starting to look at running because we seem to know more and will do right by the kids. Come on hold some accountability and stop the unprofessional behaviors and agendas! Us parents and the children have to do what's right so now you do what's right!

    Time for Changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The administration is using the "union" as their whipping boy and being less than clear to foster confusion and deflecting attention so that people won't realize this is a Civil Service issue. Most of the people are just obstructionists trying to protect their jobs. We are ll supposed to be for the kids and they need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we can ask "Joe Martin-janitor for the schools", he is the new President of the Unions and the campaign manager for School Committee member Maria Carrassco...who in the end voted for the "Deputy Super" position.....so much for change. People say she was "bullied", she did not appear scared to me! I was there....could not understand her much, but I heard her say "YES" loud and clear.....
    We need to start voting out people who just "bend" or the ones that are there for "status" to move on up to bigger and better things. I have not heard of any good people stepping up....someone told me about Charles Gallo....isn't he the Clancy Boy, another lawyer that lost a few years back...oh great! Also, not married, no kids, never attended a public school let alone stepped into one!!!
    Also another teacher wanting to run...oh great another one who wants two pay checks fro mthe city...just what we need....more takers and not enough givers....heard he has "issues"...
    Please, Please , Please lets vote for changes this year.......new people.....new faces...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the meeting too but I didn't recognize you. Maybe that is because of a generic description. You have some valid points, everybody in the end is responsible for his or her own decision. I just wish you would be responsible for your own. Thanks for reading my blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon,
    You may have some valid points and we may need to do some more research on what you have to say, however, it is important to pay attention to the facts and try to articulate your concerns and questions in a certain manner ....you will get more if you do and people will listen better! Just a thought!!!
    With that being said, I was at the last School Committee meeting and was myself surprised by Ms. Carrassco vote and others. Time will tell if they made the right decision...for now, I think they did not. We need to focus on the fact that our schools and children need help! How and when are we going to start getting it...
    Dolores DiFillipo

    ReplyDelete