Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PARENT'S OF THE PAC PICK?

Some WATCH watchers are compiling a list and checking it twice,
to find out which school principals get parents advice.
To make everything perfectly clear,
when I get all the answers, you'll find them here.

They are checking which schools have active PTO's and the contact info. If anybody has any they can post it here and I will pass it along and hopefully we can compile a master list.

Now along the same lines, LORI pointed out from the DESE website (that's DOE to you and me) that LPS is mandated to work with the SPED PAC. Lately we've been happy if they just show up. I can't vouch for last night because I missed (Even though I've been married 4 times and I'm 50, it was my first 7th ANNIVERSARY).

Nonetheless, let's start anew. Go to the LPS website, CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE HUMAN RESOURCES WEBPAGE, and you find them soliciting resumes for a very important position.

May 25th is the deadline for applications. Here is your chance LPS, "How are you going to get the parents involved in the selection process?". I will gladly report the GOOD NEWS here.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to appoint NEW fresh faces to the PAC. Lori would be a great leader. The Pac will never be taken seriously by SPED administration or the Mayor. It is time for new leadership in the Mayors office as well as SPED. The same goes for the PAC. It lacks direction and purpose! Sorry but true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorry, but I have to agree with you. Fresh faces are needed, many of the current people in PAC are too confrontational and too focused on individual and not group goals. As far as NEW leadership at the MAYOR'S office, I have to disagree. In order to NEED new leadership, first someone has too DEMONSTRATE leadership. That, I feel has been lacking.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the compliment, although I too have been accused of being too confrontational. I have never been to a PAC meeting, so I don't even know what goes on at them, other than what I read or hear about. Has anyone from PAC personally contacted Dr. Latham and our special education administrator to find out why they do not show any interest in the group? From what I briefly read about PAC on the DOE website, it seems as though LPS has at least some obligations they must uphold by law. Has anyone ever contacted the DOE about LPS's lack of interest and cooperation, even it's to gather more info or get some suggestions from them on what to do when a school district refueses to work with PAC? Just curious....

      Delete
  3. blah, blah, blah...wine, wine, and continue to wine...will you please just all work together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WINE is a drink, I'm serving up solutions, ways we CAN work together if that is the goal.

      Delete
  4. face it the super won...work with her...face it Phelan called you back so obviously he cares and wants to work together...stop assuming they know everything, because there's no way they do...remember if you were a worker and did something wrong are you going to tell the Council President Phelan or the Superintendent you were naughty??? Rest assured they haven't been told every detail and sometimes others have agendas...stop investing in those who have agendas to get rid of people because this isn't the first time they have tried to get rid of the super...some have hurt others just to get at the super...why??? Let's get this show on the road and work together...no one is perfect, but give everyone a second chance...you said the mayor isn't calling you back...why are you surprised? call her office and you get that she doesn't get involved in school department issues...I guess they don't realize she is the Chairman of the School Committee...ohhhh don't let me forget isn't she the Mayor too...how crazy is this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Anon 757, Lori and some of Stanley.
    I am sure the council does not have the whole story on LPS, BUT, the Mayor is the Chair and Mayor of this city and should know or find out before making any decisions. This is called LACK OF LEADERSHIP....Stanley! So, this is where you and I disagree. She does not stand up for our children. She only shows up and does not follow thru or make the hard decisions as she once promised she would do! She is NO better than Clancy! At least he would call you back and yell at you. She DOES NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete