Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ART A BIG DRAW FOR PARENTS, ADMINISTRATION, THE MAYOR AND NOT THE LSC

I can't say I blame them. I know I have been kind of rough on the COMMERCIAL STREET CROWD but the snub from them tonight hurt my SENSITIVE poetic feelings. Here I was tonight at the ARTS AND CULTURAL DESIGNATION event at LYNNARTS.

Students from throughout the city were represented with beautiful art work covering the walls. DR. LATHAM, DR. WARRY, AND SUE ROWE were representing LPS at tonight's event. They deserve credit for promoting ARTS in EDUCATION. DR. JOE PICANO, FINE ARTS DIRECTOR FOR LPS, praised DR. LATHAM & CO. for supporting the arts.

A lot of parents and their children were in attendance enjoying this public presentation of their talent. Lots of political people were there from the city and throughout the state. REPRESENTATIVES WONG, FENNELL, AND WALSH were joined by the MAYOR, COUNCILMAN CRIGHTON, AND COUNCILMAN CAHILL.

BUT....

no one from the LSC bothered to show up. Not people I normally support, not those I regularly give a HARD time, NOBODY. Needless to say I am disappointed in all of them. Who I am not disappointed in is DR. LATHAM. She showed up and in life that is the most important thing.

6 comments:

  1. I've asked this before, but when reading about all these events and who was present from LPS and LSC, I don't recall ever reading that Patti Capano or John Ford has ever been present?? Is this a fair statement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY STANLEY...YOU ARE SAYING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEMBERS.Once elected why show up. Once again they DO NOT CARE ABOUT OUR CHILDREN!!!!! They have NO REASON to care. NONE HAVE CHILDREN IN THE LPS system!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In dr Latham s defense ...she goes to almost every evening event there is including teacher staff development occasion...I guess she missed this one and so does dr wary ...maybe in anticipation of the next evening school,committee mtg they skipped tonight. I have seen both of them at every evening event I have been to as a teacher...and I have not partacken in the koolaid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latham and Warry were there and so was Rowe. No LSC though, no KoolAid required.

      Delete
  4. John Ford and Maria Carrasco are always at all events - they must have been a conflict this year or they went earlier. I know they were there last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary they may go to events, BUT they do nothing else!!!
    That is the problem! If you had children i nteh LPS sysytem I am sure you would know this by now! They need to go! Last year does not count! We need changes NOW....

    ReplyDelete