Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

BRIGHT LIGHTS, DIM VIEWS

Hmmm, my BFF reminded me a lot of our OUT OF DISTRICT placements go to the NORTHSHORE EDUCATION CONSORTIUM (NEC) that she was appointed to the board of. Interesting.

I mean you would think that's a good thing that Lynn has some representation. I just wonder though, if she gets a STIPEND for what surely must be some considerable work?

PLUS....,

 since OUT OF DISTRICT placements account for about 10% of our annual budget while only representing 1% of our student population and the overall goal for LPS is to keep our students home, am I the only one that sees this relationship as potentially problematic? Seems like a conflict of interest to me.

BUT HEY,

what do I know? I am just a backwoods, country bumpkin who don't know nothing about how you big city people OPERATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment