Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BIG BOY PANTS NEEDED

Normally I'm the one to start trouble. I can't help it it's the poet in me. I love looking for hidden meaning. My high school English teacher would be proud.

BUT......,

in this case I am the PEACEMAKER. Can you believe it? I'm talking about the PAC meetings. Last night was kind of typical lately. No one from the SPED department. I don't think there has been anybody since DR. MENINO walked out way back when and DAVE ELLIS argued with FRANCES MARTINEZ, our PARENT LIAISON about interpreters.

Our meeting last night featured a program by some hot shot lawyer itching to sue to enforce rights that people are entitled to. Everybody needs to get at the table and work together to solve problems. Apologies are owed on both sides - not to each other, they're supposed to be adults. No the apologies are owed to the kids because nothing is being done and in the end, they pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment