Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

NO CONTRACT FOR CATHE

In the two years or so that I have been going to LSC meetings, I have never sat in the audience in front of so many empty chairs behind the head table for so long. Nor have I ever heard so much noise coming from behind close doors. I couldn't hear any clear words but the volume was definitely up. I made that remark a couple of times to BRANDT DUNCAN, head of the Teacher's union, who was waiting with me and three other people waiting for the LSC and their posse to come back into session.

Votes were taken in EXECUTIVE SESSION and to be in compliance with the OPEN MEETING law they must be ratified in OPEN SESSION and they were.

On the agenda were contract negotiations for DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT DR. WARRY and that pretty maid, SUE ROWE along with SUPERINTENDENT LATHAM'S. In OPEN SESSION two contracts were signed, the DEPUTIES.

Before I comment on CATHE'S suspicious snub, I want to elaborate on the lack of details on the votes taken. No details are given. For all we know they could be voting to give them a 1000% raise. In WV they call this blank check we are writing, "buying a pig in a poke".

What we didn't hear was any ratification of any vote taken on DR. LATHAM'S contract. What that tells me is that "DONE DEAL" ain't done. So hold on to your seats, this ride ain't over yet and it looks like it's getting bumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment