Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

IF YOU KNEW ATOM LIKE I KNOW-ATOM

Sorry this story is kind of old news, we already know all of this. McScience in a box is too expensive. We already learned that after LYNN WOODS story. It's was a great story BUT everyone knew the cost was prohibitive without somebody picking up the tab. It was even announced at a recent LSC meeting that there was no money to implement it district wide.

Since that time though we have found money to hire a new DEPUTY and  TWO CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARIES at an annual cost around $240,000. Don't that just bust your beakers.

One of the ideas I heard floating around (in this case rolling) was to have science stuff rolling around from room to room, much like the art teacher who roams the halls. Another was to hope that things and strategies we learn in our NEW INNOVATION STEM SCHOOL will spread like OSMOSIS ( a science term, how do you like me now?) throughout the district. A new EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE SCIENCE CURRICULUM was supposed to oversee this. Did I miss something or in this case someone? I don't remember even seeing the position posted. Seems like it was first promised THE NIGHT SPED WAS RAIDED. I hope old age is playing tricks with my memory. Eh, sonny boy.

Science is kind of important. Maybe I'm prejudice because I grew up in the STAR TREK generation but BEAM ME UP CATHE but a good SCIENCE curriculum goes all across the curriculum, math, reading, and even POETRY. Remember that winner of that poetry contest from INGALLS had a SCIENCE poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment