Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

DOLLAR DAZE - SHOVELING SMOKE

Back to that shell game. Now you see it, now you don't or maybe  you are just not looking in the right place. The right place may not be in the same place it was last year.

I don't know exactly how this accounting game works, I never even had a class. Still it just seems to me to be a little confusing that we have a TRANSPORTATION page in the LPS budget but we have transportation line items on the SPECIAL EDUCATION page.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS!

Things get even a little hazier this year when they decided to break down the transportation costs into "inside" and "outside" district placement. I learned in my brief career in life insurance sales, smaller numbers are easier to swallow. BREAK IT DOWN, IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THEM BUY IT!

Passing a budget is kind of like a snow, I mean sales job. (Darn, I hate those typos)

No comments:

Post a Comment